Textbook Rental Terms of Agreement
1. I understand the textbook(s) rented to me as listed on my receipt are the property of Black Hawk College Hawk’s Hub and/or East Campus Bookstore. I acknowledge the textbook(s), whether new or used, is in good condition. I understand that I am renting this textbook(s) for one semester only. If I need the textbook(s) for future semesters, I must return the textbook(s) to Hawk’s Hub and/or East Campus Bookstore by the deadline and re-rent the textbook(s) (depending on availability).
2. I understand that it is my responsibility to return the rented textbook(s) on or before the rental return date. If the textbook(s) is not returned on time, I acknowledge that a charge will be placed on the card I used to secure the rental. The amount owed will be the full retail cost of the textbook(s), plus any additional fees.
3. I understand Hawk’s Hub and/or East Campus Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date. I am responsible for returning my textbook(s) in-store. If I am unable to return them in store, I understand the bookstore is not accountable for any shipping fees or delays via my chosen shipping method.
4. I am responsible for the condition of the textbook(s) rented. I understand the textbook(s) must be returned in salable condition. Unsalable condition includes damages incurred to the rented textbook(s) as determined by the Hawk’s Hub and/or East Campus Bookstore staff. This includes but not limited to torn covers/pages, excessive highlighting/writing, and/or liquid damage. I agree that all identifying stickers/labels on the books/materials must remain intact and must not be removed, altered or obliterated.
5. I understand I am responsible for the rented textbook(s), and if the textbook(s) is lost or stolen, I will be charged the full retail cost of the textbook(s).
6. I understand that my rental fee is non-refundable for any reason, past the normal return deadlines for course materials.
By checking the rental agreement, I agree to the posted Textbook/Material Rental Terms of Agreement.